CMI counts on the support and engagement from our families to sustain the positive and vibrant community life of our school. We prioritize meaningful opportunities for family engagement because we understand that active parental involvement improves student academic performance and contributes to a positive school climate.
Families at CMI take an active part in student learning. We invite families to join us for Exit Point activities in the classroom, student performances, Family Nights, Parent Workshops, parent-teacher conferences, community meetings, field days, and other events throughout the year. We keep our families up-to-date on school happenings through weekly school newsletters, weekly classroom newsletters, our Facebook page, and our Twitter account.
The Creative Families Association
The Creative Families Association (CFA) represents parents and guardians at Creative Minds International Public Charter School. The CFA is an inclusive and open space for all CMI families and welcomes all levels of involvement, from volunteering for leadership positions to participating in CFA events. For more information about the CFA, please visit www.creativefamilies.org.
- We ask that all students be in their classrooms by 8:45 a.m. daily.
- Students arriving after 8:45 a.m. must be signed in at the front desk.
- Absences are considered unexcused unless we receive a note or email from the parent or a doctor/dentist, or a call to the absence line: (202) 588-0370, Option 2.
- If you know in advance that your child will be tardy or absent, please contact your child’s teacher or our registrar, Aura Matias, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking, Drop-off Lane & Driving Safely on the AFRH Campus
The AFRH takes parking very seriously. CMI’s use of the parking areas on campus has been strictly defined, and we must adhere to the rules to maintain our parking privileges.
Parking in unauthorized spaces is illegal and may result in AFRH ticketing cars, as well as revoking a family’s driving privileges and access to campus. If infractions continue, it is possible that all CMI family parking will be prohibited. We ask all families to help by following these rules:
- DO Park ONLY in Lot 3 at the bottom of the hill, adjacent to Harewood Road gate.
- DO make use of the drop-off lane during drop-off time (8:15 – 8:45 a.m.). But DO NOT leave your vehicle unattended in the drop-off lane.
- DO carpool when possible.
- DO NOT leave your vehicle in fire lanes or areas marked by cones at any time.
- DO NOT park in resident spaces or assigned parking spaces.
Inclement Weather: Delays & Closings
CMI follows the weather-related delays and cancellations of DC Public Schools. You’ll find these announcements here:
Radio: WMAL (630 AM), WOL (1450 AM), Radio America—Spanish (1540 AM), WTOP (103.5 FM), WAMU (88.5 FM), and WHUR (96.3 FM).
TV: network channels 4, 5, 7, and 9, as well as cable channels 8, 16, and 28.
DCPS: information will be available by phone, at (202) 442-5885, and online.
Home Access Center
In the Home Access Center, CMI families view student registration, schedules, attendance, class assignments, grades, and report cards. Families may also update their contact information on the HAC platform.
Sign in to the HAC at this page. Choose Creative Minds Live from the drop-down menu, and enter your username and password.
We’ve put together a tutorial to help you use the HAC platform.
Helpful Links and Resources for Families
Bullying & Sexual Assault or Harassment Information:
- Bullying Prevention & Intervention Policy
- Bullying & Sexual Assault or Harassment Reporting Form (online version)
- Bullying & Sexual Assault or Harassment Reporting Form (printable version)
- Student Sexual Harassment & Assault Policy
Class Supply Lists:
Connect with Us!
On Twitter: @CMIPCS
On Facebook: www.facebook.com/CMIPCS
On Instagram: @CMIPCS