On March 30, 2018, families were notified of acceptance to Creative Minds International PCS by My School DC.
All new families are required to provide the following completed documents as part of the registration process. Some of the required registration forms are completed electronically (additional instructions will be provided to families) while others need to be submitted directly to CMI administration. To accept a space one must submit ALL required enrollment forms (both online and in person), and prove DC residency at the school. The school admissions office is open daily from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. to accept enrollment paperwork.
- 2018-19 My School DC Enrollment Form – English / Spanish (if applicable)
- Creative Minds International PCS 2018-19 Registration Questionnaire (if applicable)
- Home Language Survey
- Student’s Original Birth Certificate – to be copied at the school
- Government issued identification of parent or legal guardian
- Proof of legal guardianship (if applicable)
- Copy of Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/504 plan (if applicable)
- Creative Minds International PCS Home Language Survey Part A+B
- Copy of student records from prior school (e.g., report cards, test data, etc.)
- Proof of DC Residency
- DC Child Physical Health Certificate and Authorization for Medical Treatment
- DC Child Oral Health Certificate
- Photo & Video Release
- Permission to Go Off School Grounds
- Free/Reduced Lunch Application (may not be available to families until early summer
Pursuant to The D.C. School Reform Act of 1995 (Sec 38-1802.06) as amended, enrollment in public charter schools is open to all students who are residents of the District of Columbia, and if space is available, to non-resident students who pay tuition at the rate established by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education.
Penalty for False Information
Any person, including any District of Columbia public school or public charter school official, who knowingly supplies false information to a public official shall be subject to payment of fine of not more than $500, or imprisonment for not more than 90 days, or any combination thereof. The case of any such person may be referred to the Office of the Attorney General for consideration for prosecution.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a Federal law, requires that Creative Minds International Public Charter School, with certain exceptions, obtain your written consent prior to the disclosure of personally identifiable information from your child’s education records. However, Creative Minds International Public Charter School may disclose appropriately designated “directory information” without written consent, unless you have advised the LEA to the contrary in accordance with LEA’s procedures. The primary purpose of directory information is to allow the Creative Minds International Public Charter School to include this type of information from your child’s education records in certain school publications.
If you do not want Creative Minds International Public Charter School to disclose directory information from your child’s education without your prior written consent, you must notify the LEA in writing by filling out the form provided by the School in the Welcome Packet and returning it on the first day of school in the fall of 2018.
If you have any questions, please call CMI at 202-588-0370.