On March 29, 2019, families were notified of acceptance to Creative Minds International PCS by My School DC. Families whose children were accepted to Creative Minds were required to submit enrollment documents to the school by May 1.
If you’re interested in applying to Creative Minds through the postlottery ongoing application process, please visit the My School DC website or call the My School DC Hotline at (202) 888-6336.
Submitting Enrollment Documents
All new families are required to provide the following completed documents as part of the registration process. Some of the required registration forms are completed electronically (additional instructions will be provided to families) while others need to be submitted directly to CMI administration.
To accept a space you must submit ALL required enrollment forms and prove DC residency at the school. The school admissions office is open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. to accept enrollment paperwork. For information about visiting campus, please see our Location page.
- My School DC Seat Acceptance Form in English or Spanish
- CMI Annual Student Enrollment Form
- CMI Confirmation of Singular Enrollment
- OSSE Home Language Survey (new students only)
- Student’s original birth certificate (new students only); to be copied at the school
- Government issued identification of parent or legal guardian
- Proof of legal guardianship (if applicable)
- Copy of Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/504 plan (if applicable)
- Copy of student records from prior school (e.g., report cards, test data)
- DC Residency Verification Form and documents proving residency
- DC Child Physical Health Certificate and Authorization for Medical Treatment
- DC Child Oral Health Certificate
- Consent to Share Student Health Records
- Free and Reduced Price Meals Application in English or Spanish (if applicable; may not be available to families until early summer)
If you have questions about the enrollment process, please email our registrar, Aura Matias, at email@example.com, or call her at (202) 588-0370, ext. 120.
Pursuant to The D.C. School Reform Act of 1995 (Sec 38-1802.06) as amended, enrollment in public charter schools is open to all students who are residents of the District of Columbia, and if space is available, to non-resident students who pay tuition at the rate established by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education.
Penalty for False Information
Any person, including any District of Columbia public school or public charter school official, who knowingly supplies false information to a public official shall be subject to payment of fine of not more than $500, or imprisonment for not more than 90 days, or any combination thereof. The case of any such person may be referred to the Office of the Attorney General for consideration for prosecution.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a Federal law, requires that Creative Minds International Public Charter School, with certain exceptions, obtain your written consent prior to the disclosure of personally identifiable information from your child’s education records. However, Creative Minds International Public Charter School may disclose appropriately designated “directory information” without written consent, unless you have advised the LEA to the contrary in accordance with LEA’s procedures. The primary purpose of directory information is to allow the Creative Minds International Public Charter School to include this type of information from your child’s education records in certain school publications.
If you do not want Creative Minds International Public Charter School to disclose directory information from your child’s education without your prior written consent, you must notify the LEA in writing by filling out the form provided by the School in the Welcome Packet and returning it on the first day of school in the fall of 2019.
If you have any questions, please call CMI at 202-588-0370.