You may apply to Creative Minds International PCS if:
- You reside in the District of Columbia.
- Your child is eligible to attend grades PK3 to 7th grade for the school year 2017-18. (Children must turn 3 by September 30 of the upcoming school year to enter PK3; they must turn 4 by September 30 to enter PK4.)
Pursuant to The D.C. School Reform Act of 1995 (Sec 38-1802.06) as amended, enrollment in public charter schools is open to all students who are residents of the District of Columbia, and if space is available, to non-resident students who pay tuition at the rate established by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education.
Penalty For False Information
Any person, including any District of Columbia public school or public charter school official, who knowingly supplies false information to a public official shall be subject to payment of fine of not more than $500, or imprisonment for not more than 90 days, or any combination thereof. The case of any such person may be referred to the Office of the Attorney General for consideration for prosecution.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a Federal law, requires that Creative Minds International Public Charter School, with certain exceptions, obtain your written consent prior to the disclosure of personally identifiable information from your child’s education records. However, Creative Minds International Public Charter School may disclose appropriately designated “directory information” without written consent, unless you have advised the LEA to the contrary in accordance with LEA’s procedures. The primary purpose of directory information is to allow the Creative Minds International Public Charter School to include this type of information from your child’s education records in certain school publications.
If you do not want Creative Minds International Public Charter School to disclose directory information from your child’s education without your prior written consent, you must notify the LEA in writing by the first day of school in Fall 2017.
The following Open House events were held at Creative Minds International PCS:
- CMI Open House #1: Saturday 12/3/16 from 9:30 - 10:30 am
- CMI Open House #2: Wednesday 1/11/17 from 6:15 - 7:15pm
- CMI Open House #3: Wednesday 2/8/17 from 6:15 - 7:15 pm
- CMI Open House #4: Saturday 2/25/17 from 3:00 - 4:00 pm
CMI participated in EdFEST 2016! | Saturday, December 10, 2016 from 11am – 3pm | DC Armory – 2001 East Capitol St. SE | For more info go to: www.myschooldc.org | FB: My School DC | Twitter: @MySchoolDC |Instagram: myschooldc | #EdFEST16
Description of EdFEST 2016: My School DC is excited to bring you EdFEST 2016, DC’s only citywide public school fair! Come and explore the city’s many public school options (PK3-12) for your child. Representatives from more than 180 DC public (DCPS) and DC public charter schools will showcase their programs. With the launch of the My School DC common lottery application on December 12, 2016 for the 2017-18 school year, EdFEST is the perfect opportunity to ask questions about schools and their related services and programs from those who know first-hand. EdFEST will also have many free services and recreational activities for all so bring the whole family! Admission and parking are free. *Interpretation in sign language, Spanish, Amharic, Mandarin, Vietnamese, and French available throughout the day.
Please call us at 202-588-0370 if you have any questions.
On March 31, 2017 families are notified of acceptance to Creative Minds International PCS by My School DC. Those families need to complete registration and accept or reject their space at CMI by May 1, 2017.
All new families must provide the following documents, duly completed, by May 1, 2017 as part of the registration process. Some of the required registration forms will be completed electronically (additional instructions will be provided to families), while others will need to be submitted directly to CMI administration.
- 2017-18 MySchool DC Enrollment Form – English
- 2017-18 MySchool DC Enrollment Form – Spanish (if applicable)
- Creative Minds International PCS 2017-18 Registration Questionnaire (if applicable)
- Student’s Original Birth Certificate - to be copied at the school
- Government issued identification of parent or legal guardian
- Proof of legal guardianship (if applicable)
- Copy of Individualized Education Plan (IEP)/504 plan (if applicable)
- Creative Minds International PCS Home Language Survey Part A+B
- Copy of student records from prior school (e.g., report cards, test data, etc.)
- Proof of DC Residency
- DC Child Physical Health Certificate
- DC Child Oral Health Certificate
- Free/Reduced Lunch Application (may not be available to families until early summer)
If you have any questions, please call us at 202-588-0370.
Applications for admission to CMI must be submitted through My School DC. The application period for the 2017-18 school year opened on Dec. 12, 2016 and closed on March 1, 2017. For information on applying to CMI post lottery for the 2017-18 school year, please see My School DC website or call the My School DC Hotline at 202-888-6336.
If you have any questions, please call CMI at 202-588-0370.